More info at www.ilmbowl.info.
The Ilm Bowl is a team-building, iman-boosting, ilm-pumping, button-smashing competition extravaganza that aims to:
- Strengthen the bonds of brotherhood and sisterhood
- Help gain understanding of Islamic knowledge
- Build an attachment to the masjid
- Bring participants closer to the Quran, the Sunnah, and Allah (swt)
- Division I: College
- Division II: High School
- Division III: 7th and 8th Grade
- Division IV: 5th and 6th Grade
- Each team will consist of 3 brothers or 3 sisters from the same masjid and age group.
- Teams of 3 can register together or individual participants will be assigned into teams.
Classes (For Division II only):
- Classes will be offered on study material at local masjid
- Classes will be 1-2 hours per week
- Classes are optional but highly recommended to supplement personal reading and studying
Ilm Bowl Competition (Preliminary round):
- Each category will compete at their local masjid
- Winners will advance and represent their community at the Super Ilm Bowl
- Competition will be in August, 2014
Super Ilm Bowl Competition (Final round):
- Professional game-style buzzing competition for all masjid finalists
- Competition will be on August, 2014 at UC Irvine